Monday was spent traveling home from Michigan, watering my potted plants, weeding the raised beds, and watching two more episodes of Homeland. We were too tired to do groceries and had nothing in the kitchen to cook, but thankfully my MIL had sent us with some pulled pork leftovers. We elegantly paired this with baby carrots and a huge bowl of popcorn (made with ghee! YUM).
Today I ran into Aldi and Kroger for a few staples and the next couple days worth of meals. And when I got home, I see that some little kitty decided to rearrange one of my pots. COOL BASIL.
Anyway, on the menu this week:
- Dijon and Rosemary Oven-Baked Venison Tenderloin
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Salad (new recipe I'm trying out, any advice?)
- Stuffed Acorn Squash (a favorite Fall dish, but we have venison to use up that I'm subbing for the beef)
- My favorite Paleo Pumpkin Bread (The pumpkin makes the coconut flour so much more moist)
- Paleo Fig Pinwheels (also new recipe to use up the ridiculous amount of figs I bought at Costco with the MIL.)
- Celestial's Watermelon NEW Lime Zinger Tea, brewed a cup while writing this and IT TASTES LIKE WATERMELON BUBBLEGUM. WINNING.
- Pan roasted zucchini, broccoli, and garlic
Look for an update to see how these new recipes worked out. In the meantime, do you have any favorite fig recipes I should try?